Aldershot Town 1 Barnet 0

Shots made it four wins on the bounce, with another of manager Dean Holdsworth's favourite 1-0 wins, over a lively Barnet side, who, in all fairness could and probably should have been ahead at the break.

As expected, Dean Holdsworth brought back Alex Rodman to the starting line-up. He also freshened up the side by bringing in Adam Mekki and Luke Guttridge returned from injury. Tim Sills, Jermaine McGlashan and Ben Harding all made way.

The game was far more lively than Saturday's drab affair with Stockport and full of industry, but despite a plethara (just for Gibbo that) of half chances at either end, it remaind 0-0 at the break.

Highlights of the first half were a screamer from Mekki, which Barnet keeper Liam O'Brien did well to tip over and two wonderful saves within a minute by Jamie Young, who first tipped the lively Mark Marshall's 20 yards effort over the bar and then, from the resultant corner, made an incredible flying save from Mark Byrne's 12 yard thunderbolt, which was quite clearly heading for the far top corner. It was a quite breathtaking save. Peter Vincenti spurned Aldershot's best effort, slicing wide from just five yards - the sort of chance he's been taking with ease since his arrival in January.

The second half was even better to watch. For long periods, it was impossible to tell who would score first, with both sides going for the win, but eventually it was Shots. Vincenti wisely kept posession awaiting options on the left wing, then slotted Danny hylton through. Danny advanced toward goal, then shot low across O'Brien..1-0 Shots, bang on the hour mark.

Barnet pressed hard, but in truth, Shots had the best chances on the break, Hylton again, McGlashan (on for Mekki) and Vincenti all thwarted by O'Brien.

If the visitors task wasn't already hard enough, it got even harder on 78 minutes, when Matty Parsons was given a second yellow card. Shots should have doubled their lead. A storming run from McGlashan and a perfectly executed pass across to the unmarked Hylton. Unfortunatley, Danny delayed his shot and a Bees defender got a block in. Then another Hylton shot, which O'Brien could only parry into the path of Charles. The Skipper tucked it away, as he always does against his former club, but the assistant referee's flag went up for offside.

Into five minutes added time and a fourth chance of the night for Hylton, but this time he shot just over.

Another valuable three points for Holdsworth's charges, which leaves them in 14th place, but now just six points off a play-off spot.  

Shots: Young 8 Herd 7 Jones 7 Charles 7 Straker 6 Mekki 6 (Spencer 6) Halls 6 Guttridge 7 Vincenti 7 (Harding) Rodman 7 (McGlashan 7) Att: 2420 (132 away fans)