Aldershot Town 0 Plymouth Argyle 0

A rare 0-0 at the EBB Stadium, but hardly a morale boosting point for Shots, who failed to beat a poor Plymouth side, despite dominating most of the match. If anything epitomised the afternoon, it was Shots players heading weakly when rising unmarked in the penalty area. It must have happened on at least six occasions. Jake Cole was the hero for the visitors, saving a Danny Hylton penalty on 29 minutes and a thumping close range effort from Shots sub Charlie Henry in the dying moments.

Following last weeks abandoned match against Southend, Shots manager Dean Holdsworth was forced into making two changes to his starting line-up. With Daren Jones and Michael Rankine suspended, Holdsworth recalled Adam Smith and Peter Vincenti to the team. Still only a place on the bench for Alex Rodman.

After a scrappy opening 15 minutes, Shots began to get on top. A succession of half chances came and went, most were blocked shots in a crowded penalty area.

Then, on 29 minutes, a break for Shots. Vincenti flicked a cross on towards Hylton, 8 yards out with his back to goal. As Danny tried to move toward the ball, he was cleared pulled back and down - penalty! Vincenti wanted to take it.....but so did Danny and a the players looked over to their manager, Holdsworth gave the nod to Danny. He thumped his spot kick down the middle, but the keeper had waited and denied him the goal that he - and Shots - desperately needed.

The rest of the first half petered out somewhat, with no more clear cut chances for either side and there were no changes to either team at the break.

Hylton had another unmarked headed chance in the opening minute of the second half, but his effort was once again weak..and wide. The attempt seemed to epitomise the afternoon - to that point anyway. Guttridge fired over on 51 minutes. An Adam Smith cross fell at the feet of Vincenti 8 yards out on 53 minutes.....but his touch let him down. On 60 minutes, Hylton crossed to McGlashan who rose and headed weakly from close range. The ball came back out to Hylton, wide left of the penalty area and he blazed wide. On 70, Gutts pulled the trigger from 25 yards - just over the bar.

Finally, with just 15 minutes left, Holdsworth made changes; Pearson for McGlashan, Rodman for Smith.

And the same pattern continued. 81 minutes, Rodman floated a lovely ball across to Hylton....who headed weakly straight in the keepers arms. 83 minutes - Vincenti shot, took a deflection for a corner, which came to nothing.

A third and final substitution for Shots Henry for Vincenti. And a final chance for Shots. Hylton, to his credit, kept going, despite nothing coming off for him all game. He forayed down the right, pulled the ball back from the by-line to Henry who struck a powerful shot from inside the penalty area, only for Jake Cole to pull off a stunning save.

So, Shots remain in 15th place in League Two, maintaining the 9 point gap to the relegation places, but now a worrying 11 points off the play-off places.