Slough Ladies 0 - 0 Aldershot Town Ladies

The Shots had to make a forced change as Laura Hann was taken unwell in the warm up and was replaced by Laura Funnell in the midfield.

The game started at a frantic pace and both sides were restricted to long range efforts. The Shots managed to start to force Slough back into their own half and keep them there.

The first real effort came when Marlow and Wallman worked the ball between them, but the final pass saw the keeper smother the ball.

Slough came back into the game and forced a number of corners, which the Shots defence dealt with. On 32 minutes the Shots had their first clear chance, when the ball came in from the right and North broke free from her marker and could only guide her header just wide of the goal.

'Keeper Lesley Hubbard tips a Slough effort over the bar.
At the other end Hubbard was called into action as the ball dropped nicely for the Slough player who fired towards the goal, which saw Hubbard tip over the bar.

Again just before the half-time break Slough had a shot which struck Smith and deflected off the post, which Hubbard again manage to smother.

Just before half-time and the shots had a corner and again came close when Coles looping header just dipped over the bar.

In the second half again both sides went looking for that first goal, Slough started to use the long ball behind the Shots back four, but was always over hit and went through to Hubbard.

At the other end the Shots were coming closer on each attack; Hann had recovered from her illness to replace Funnel, and started to make a major impact.

A number of flowing moves down the left saw the Shots cause the Slough back four a few headaches.

Player of the Match Tara Coles' crashes her header against the crossbar.
From one such corner Tara Coles rose above the Slough defence, only to see her flicked header crash off the bar.

As the clock wore down, Moore replaced Wallman.

Just before the end of the game, the Shots could have snatched the game, when the ball was worked through the midfield. The referee played the advantage following a foul on Caz Shephard, but the ball had found Moore who out paced her marker, only to see her shot saved by the keeper.

In the end a fair result for both sides.

Andy's Analysis

"In the passed season we have never got anything from this fixture, but the girls came into the game full of confidence, and from a neutral point of view it was a very good spectacle.

Both teams had their chances. I believe we finished the stronger, last season we would have buckled in towards the end, but the girls have a great attitude at present, where we were happy with the draw, they wanted the 3 points. We have no game next week, but the girls will be working hard on the training pitch, ready to take on the MK Wanderers at home the following week.

Player of the Match Tara Coles.