Shots Ladies 0-0 Wycombe Wanderers Ladies

Aldershot's towns 1st home fixture of the New Year was against Wycombe Wanderers.

With a few players not being available and a few injuries the shots decided to change tactics. From the kick off Wycombe seemed to settle the better. They put together some good passing moves, but failed to get any real shots in on goal. Shots tried to break out on the counter attack, but again Wycombe made it hard to get any shots on target. With the ball seemly stuck in the midfield area, the shots managed to break out down the right and sent a low shot in towards goal the deflected out for a corner. From the resulting corner Smith nearly caught out the Wycombe Defence with a in swinging corner that went into the side netting. With this the Ref blew for Half time.

At half time the Shots changed there system. From the kick off this seem to settle the shots, but it was Wycombe who where doing the pressing. One off the Wycombe players received a pass run into the box and was clip by a shots player which sent her tumbling in the box. The Referee blew for a penalty. As Calder prepared for the penalty the Wycombe player hit her shot wide of Calder's post. This was a let off for the Shots and seemed to spear them into action. They started to win the midfield battle and Funnell was getting in some good crosses. Hann and Lloyd had a couple off good shot, which the Wycombe goalkeeper dealt with. With shots pressing Hanna hit a post and from a free kick outside the box Smith clipped the cross bar. Wycombe also came close in the final few minutes and almost snatched with a shot that hit the post and came out across the goal for Grover to clear. Again the shots pushed forward in search of a winner, but time had run out.

0-0 seemed to be a fair result, but both sides could have snatched a win.

The Squad: Calder, Smith, Coles, Grover, Giberson, Donoghue, Dowie, North (Capt), Funnell, Lloyd, Hann & Hull.

Next game:

Hampshire Cup away to Horndean on 21st January 2007