Aldershot Town Ladies 5 - 3 MK Wanderers

Aldershot Town Ladies came from two goals down inside 3 minutes to win 5-3 against MK Wanderers to solidify second place in the league.

Andy Liddicott made a couple of changes to the side that drew at Slough, with Calder replacing Hubbard in goal and Ireland coming in at left back.

The Shots were stunned after only 30 seconds, when the ball was played down the right hand side, the MK player reacted first, made room and fired her shot from outside the box past Calder to make it 1-0 to the visitors. But MK hadn't finished - less than 2 minutes later they were at it again, the ball was played along the Shots back line and the MK player strolled in to make it 2-0.

The Shots started to find their feet and started to put together a number of moves, which was snuffed out by the MK Wanderers keeper and defence. The Shots eventually got back into the match, when Shephard stole the ball off an MK player; Shephard set off down the left flank and sent a ball in front of Wallman, who flicked the ball past the keeper.

Half Time: Aldershot Town 1 MK Wanderers 2

At half time, the Shots lost 'keeper Hayley Calder to an injured shoulder. Lesley Hubbard took her place between the sticks. The hosts set about the task of getting back on level terms, with some slick passes and movement. Ireland and Hann started to utilise the space on the left and came more into the game, one such move saw the ball threaded through for Marlow to race clear, side-step the keeper and place the ball into an empty net to level the game up at 2-2 with 42 minutes to play.

With the wind behind the Shots, the ball was being kept in the MK half, and eventually the Shots edged ahead. The MK keeper took her goal kick, but it went straight to Marlow, controlling the ball and hitting the ball on the half volley, back towards the goal, The MK keeper could only watch as it dipped in over her out-reached hand. The Shots had gone from 2-1 down to 3-2 up in six second-half minutes.

The Shots fitness was starting to show and fast movement of the ball was causing MK problems. The Shots increased the lead further when the ball found Hann. After ball was worked down the right, North's pass sent Potter free and the speedy winger drove towards the goal. Everyone was expecting the ball to be cut back, but Potter played the ball across the 6-yard box to find Hann, who had sneaked in unmarked at the far post and poked the ball into an empty net.

Shephard was taken off a precautionary measures and replace by Hart. Moore also replaced Wallman.

MK started to put the Shots under pressure and started to commit more players forward. Amber Marsh switched from right back to centre midfield and the 16-year-old produced a delightful ball to Hann out on the left. Hann raced forward and slotted the ball into the net past the MK keeper.

But MK never gave up and just before the end was rewarded with a goal. The Shots didn't clear the threat and the MK striker lifted the ball over Hubbard.

Full Time: Aldershot Town 5 MK Wanderers 3

Andy's Analysis

"MK caught us cold and I can't really put my finger on how they were allowed to get two goals ahead. I am just glad we had 85 minutes to put it right. But credit is due to the girls - they rolled their sleeves up and got back into the game. We didn't have to say a lot at half time, as you could see they were determined to put things right.

The second half display was very encouraging, the football flowed and the fitness levels were high.